Steps for a successful application
Listed below is an application checklist listing all of the requirements and/or forms that need to be completed when you apply online to the Rhetoric, Writing, and Digital Media Studies Certificate or M.A. Program at Northern Arizona University.
There are three sections to the application process:
- Graduate school section (required)
- Certificate or M.A. in Rhetoric, Writing, and Digital Media Studies (required)
- Graduate assistantship application (currently only for on-campus students who wish to pursue a graduate assistantship)
Section one: Graduate school application (required)
Apply online and submit the required documents.
Your completed certificate or M.A. in Rhetoric, Writing, and Digital Media Studies application will be reviewed by the members of the RWDMS group.
Section two: Certificate or M.A. in Rhetoric, Writing, and Digital Media Studies Application (required)
This will include your:
- letter of intent
- writing sample: academic paper or workplace paper
- two letters of recommendation (academic or professional)
Please read the detailed information on required documents before you submit your application to the RWDMS program.
Section three: graduate teaching assistantship application (for on-campus M.A. students only)
The application includes:
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship Application Form
- statement for graduate teaching assistantship
- copies of transcripts
- two letters of recommendation referencing your teaching/work experience
Fall: February 1
Spring: October 1
Summer: February 1
- We accept applications outside of these deadlines depending on available space.
- The review process takes between 4-6 weeks during the school year.
- Acceptance into the program does not guarantee a seat in a specific course. In most cases, courses are filled two weeks after early enrollment starts. This means that courses for the fall semester are usually filled by the previous spring semester (March), with continuous enrollment based on students shifting courses until the start of classes.
We look forward to receiving your application. Good luck.